The Rest is Still Un-written

My thoughts, concerns, desires, passion...letting it all out!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Uncertainty

Life- Websters should alter the definition to merely mean uncertainty.

I mean, I remember back in the day, elementary, junior high school when everything seemed to makes so much sense. Everything was it's own puzzle in which all the pieces just fit nicely together. Once one piece was placed, the other piece magically appeared and knew exactly where to go. After 2nd grade, surely 3rd grade would follow. After you got your permit, surely your driver's license would come inevitably.

Now, everything is totally different. I once thought for sure I would go to law school and have a successful and happy life, with a great companion. This is not certain...at all. I don't even know if I really want to go to law school, because well, the outcome I have always anticipated is not certain. There's no guarantee that once you finish a ton of schooling you will get the job you want, or have the life you want.

Everything in life becomes more and more of a question mark! Now, we don't even know if the NBA we have been watching so intently and confidently has been partially a joke...fixed. Who ever would have thought a referee paid nearly $260,000 a season would be betting on games to get himself out of debt? Were the playoffs and their outcomes all a farce? Now...we have to question the other sports we obsess over and glorify!

Uncertainty leads to risk. We do not know whether the person who appears to be "the one" will end up crushing our heart to little pieces and ruin our lives. We do not even know if the cell phone we pay $600 for will be outdated in the next month by a following more cutting edge phone. Another risk we take.

These examples may be far fetched, but I know it all seems very complicated to my young but always wandering mind.

I guess the only thing that is certain, is whether or not you are doing what you always wanted, fulfilling your dreams, or are simply miserable thinking of those things and not realizing them, as my favorite quote says..."The one thing that is certain is life goes on" (or something like that) lol.

"The rest is still unwritten..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home